Contractor information

If you have been engaged to do electrical work, you must hold a current Tasmanian Electrical Contractor’s License to perform electrical work in Tasmania.

You need to provide a completed Tasmanian Electrical Works Request (EWR) and Certificate of Electrical Compliance (CEC) forms to us as soon as you have finished work.

This is particularly important for solar connections: if you don’t submit the forms straight away, your customer may lose their Connection Agreement or Connection and Power Purchase Agreement.

If you submit interstate forms, you are breaching the Electricity Code and the forms will not be accepted.

Find more information about:

If you have any questions about our processes please email

For a new CEC booklet please contact TechSafe.