Hydro Tasmania’s operational wind farms are built in the prevailing westerly winds, the roaring 40s, which are a world class wind asset.
Huxley Hill Wind Farm
Our first wind farm, Huxley Hill, was built on King Island in Bass Strait in 1998, it was the second commercial wind farm in Australia. Find out more about the role of wind in the integrated renewable power development on King Island >
The Musselroe Wind Farm is currently under construction
Community consultation for the TasWind concept has commenced
The Woolnorth development consists of two wind farms, Bluff Point and Studland Bay Wind Farms. Watch the Woolnorth wind farms begin construction in Positive Energy (2003).
Guohua Energy Investment Co. Ltd owns a 75 per cent share in the Bluff Point and Studland Bay Wind Farms. Hydro Tasmania owns the remaining 25 per cent share. Visit Gouhua's website here >
|Date commissioned||2002 - 2004|
|Generating capacity||65.00 MW|
|Number of Turbines||37|
|Type of Turbines||Wind|
65 MW Bluff Point Wind Farm was completed in two stages - stage one in August 2002 and stage two in June 2004. Stage one consisted of just six Vestas 1.75 MW turbines, stage two expanded the wind farm with a further 31 of the same turbines.