We believe in the power of natural thinking.
Since our first hydropower development almost a century ago, Hydro Tasmania has been a leader in renewable energy development and is Australia’s largest producer of renewable energy.
Today, we use a combination of water and wind power to harness natural energy that we sell on the national grid.
Our company also owns Momentum Energy, our electricity retailer that specialises in providing quality products and services to customers in Australia. Our international consulting business, Entura offers expert power engineering, renewable energy, water and environmental solutions locally, nationally and internationally.
Hydro Tasmania at a glance
- Hydro Tasmania is Australia’s leading renewable energy business. We generate hydropower and wind power in Tasmania and trade electricity and energy-related environmental products (such as Renewable Energy Certificates) in the Australian market.
- Hydro Tasmania is the largest water manager in Australia.
- We own and operate an advance hybrid power system on King Island. It uses wind, solar, diesel and innovative energy enabling technologies to maximise renewable energy use. It's a good example of innovative use of combined renewable technologies.
- Hydro Tasmania is also involved in several joint ventures.
- We’re owned by the Government of Tasmania and currently employ over 1100 people. We have assets worth around $5 billion.
Our consulting business, Entura delivers clever solutions in water and energy to clients locally, nationally and internationally.
Our electricity retailer, Momentum Energy, is a leading supplier of electricity solutions to business customers and residential markets across Australia, providing competitive rates and quality sustainable products and services.
As of June 2011 Hydro Tasmania and CLP's joint venture - Roaring 40s - was brought to a close - find out more in the media release.
Want to know more?
If you would like more information about Hydro Tasmania or any of our companies, please contact us on 1300 360 441 or email email@example.com