Hydro Tasmania has a proud tradition of excellence in the areas in which we operate, we regularly enter and are recognised at a state and national level.
Awards 2011-2012 financial year
Energy Supply Association of Australia (esaa)
- 2011 Sustainability Report Award. Find out more >
Australian Water Association, Tasmanian Water Environment Merit Award 2011
- Presented to Hydro Tasmania for its sustainable management of low lake levels.
Engineers Australia 2011
- Colin Crisp Award for Engineering Heritage for Lake Margaret Power Scheme Redevelopment in recognition of excellence in heritage engineering
Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts
- Tasmanian Employer of Choice Award 2011
Tasmanian division of Engineers Australia 2011 Engineering Excellence awards:
- Young Professional Engineer of the Year - Michael Sylvester
- Engineering Excellence Award- Catagunya Dam Restoration project find out more >
- The Lower Lake Margaret project received a high commendation.
Australian Institute of Project Management, Tasmania Chapter:
- Sustainable Projects - Catagunya Dam restoration
- Construction/Engineering less than $100 million - Red Hills Creek diversion
- Tasmanian Project of the Year: Red Hills Creek Diversion
Australian Maketing Institue, 2011 Awards for Marketing Excellence:
- Tasmanian state winner - Internal Marketing
- Tasmanian finalist - Brand Revitalisation
Hydro Tasmania congratulates Helen and Eddy Schuuring of Woolnorth Tours who won the 2011 Cradle Coast Advocate Newspaper Regional Tourism Award for the Tourism Attractions and Experiences category. The tour includes Hydro Tasmania’s interpretation centre at the Woolnorth Wind Farm which outlines Woolnorth’s history and the importance of renewable energy for a sustainable future. Find out about the tours at woolnorthtours.com.au.
We did not recieve any awards in 2010-11
- Awards 2009-2010 financial year
Engineering Australia – national Engineering Excellence Award 2009 in the category of World Class Hydro Machine Operation for the integrated improvements in achieving low vibration levels in Poatina No. 1 machine. Awarded to the partnership of Hydro Tasmania and Alstom.
Engineering Australia – Tasmanian Engineering Excellence Award 2009 for the design of the Lake Margaret hilltop pipeline replacement. Awarded jointly to the design team of Hydro Tasmania, Johnstone McGee & Gandy and Hazell Bros.
Engineering Australia - Tasmanian Engineering Excellence Award 2009 for a student showing the highest proficiency in fourth year engineering design - awarded to Sarah Kube, a graduate mechanical engineer with Hydro Tasmania.
2009 Engineers Australia – Images of Engineering. The winner was a photo taken by Entura’s Ambrose Canning in Papua New Guinea on the Dauli mini-hydro project.
State Project Management Achievements Awards 2009 – Regional Development category for the Lake and Macquarie rivers irrigation project. The award was for innovation in project management, in this case for stakeholder education in contract management and in compliance with environmental and other requirements.
Australasian Fleet Managers Association’s Fleet Environment Award 2009 which recognised Hydro Tasmania’s achievements in reducing emissions from vehicular fuel use.
5th Annual Safe Work Australia Awards – national finalist in category B: Best Solution to an Identified Workplace Health and Safety Issue for the gantry built for safe access to the Catagunya Dam wall and spillway during the restoration project.
Australian Human Resources Institute Awards 2009 – a national finalist in the health and well being category for our Healthy Hydro program.
2010 Tasmanian Awards for Environmental Excellence. Winner, Large Business Sustainability category for our sustainability program.
Highly commended in the esaa Sustainability Report Award 2010 for the Annual and Sustainability Report 2009
Bronze award in the Australasian Reporting Awards 2010 for the Annual and Sustainability Report 2009.